Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, and you want to look your best. A spray tan is a great way to achieve a sun-kissed glow that can make you feel confident and beautiful. However, getting a spray tan for your wedding requires some special considerations to ensure that you look your best on your big day. Here’s everything you need to know about wedding spray tans.
Preparing for Your Spray Tan
Preparation is key when it comes to getting a spray tan for your wedding. Here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Book Your Appointment Early: Schedule your appointment at least a week before your wedding to give yourself enough time to see the results and make any adjustments if necessary.
- Exfoliate: It’s essential to exfoliate your skin before getting a spray tan to remove any dead skin cells that can cause uneven application. Use a gentle exfoliating scrub or loofah, but avoid using oils or lotions.
- Shave or Wax: Shave or wax at least 24 hours before your appointment to avoid any irritation or sensitivity.
- Don’t Apply Any Products: Avoid applying any lotions, oils, or perfumes on your skin before your appointment. These can create a barrier that can prevent the spray tan from adhering to your skin.
- Wear Loose Clothing: Wear loose clothing to your appointment to avoid any rubbing or smudging of the spray tan. Avoid tight-fitting clothes, including bras and underwear.
During Your Spray Tan
During your spray tan appointment, you’ll be asked to undress to your comfort level and wear disposable undergarments. Here’s what you can expect:
- Stand Still: The spray tan technician will spray the solution on your skin evenly. Stand still, and don’t move until the solution dries. This usually takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Protect Sensitive Areas: The technician will provide you with a hair cap, nose filter, and eye protection to keep the solution out of your sensitive areas.
- Drying Time: Once the solution dries, you’ll be allowed to get dressed, but avoid tight-fitting clothes, and wear dark clothing.
After Your Spray Tan
After your spray tan, it’s essential to follow these tips to maintain the longevity of your tan:
- Avoid Water and Sweating: Avoid water and sweating for at least eight hours after your appointment to give the spray tan enough time to set.
- Moisturize: Apply a moisturizer after your spray tan to keep your skin hydrated and extend the life of your tan.
- Avoid Exfoliating: Avoid exfoliating your skin for at least three days after your spray tan to maintain the longevity of the tan.
- Touch-Ups: If you notice any unevenness, you can touch up your spray tan with a self-tanner. But, don’t overdo it, or you might end up with an orange hue.
Getting a wedding spray tans can be an excellent way to boost your confidence and look your best. However, it’s essential to follow the proper preparation and aftercare to ensure a flawless and natural-looking tan. Remember, the key to a perfect spray tan is to plan ahead and make sure you book your appointment in advance to avoid any last-minute surprises.