In this tutorial, you’ll find out how to take great Instagram photos that will make your fans jealous. Let’s review to take great Instagram photos. You must take appealing photographs if you want more genuine Instagram likes.
Today’s smartphones have phenomenal cameras, so get to know your instruments before anything else.
Avoid HDR Mode
HDR mode may cause images to appear artificial and overprocessed. It’s all about appearing genuinely beautiful on Instagram.
Avoid Overexposed Highlights
Overexposed highlights are often found on phone cameras. When editing, it becomes challenging to add details to these highlights. To avoid this, slightly underexpose the image. It is easier to lighten shadows than to restore detail to blown-out windows. Underexposing a photograph is as simple as tapping and holding a bright point until the camera adjusts the exposure setting.
Use Camera Grid
Use your phone’s grid to assist in composition. It can be found under Settings > Camera.
Set an Exposure Reference Point
You can touch and hold to set an exposure reference point but manually adjust the exposure by increasing or decreasing it. When you feel and have the exposure reference area, a yellow box appears with a sun and a vertical line next to the box. You can adjust the exposure manually by touching and dragging the sun up or down.
Schedule your Posts
The photos in your Instagram feed must be captivating. However, it would help if you also considered your feed’s overall aesthetic. Are there any recurrent hues, motifs, or concepts that run through each image?
When shooting and editing photos, keep your brand in mind. If you can, prepare your postings in advance, so you don’t make rash decisions at the last minute. Even if you have a broad idea of what you will post, it will help your audience stay consistent.
Avoid Artificially or Flash Lighting Whenever Possible
There is more to Instagram than just gorgeous photos. It’s also about being genuine. Images that appear natural will make the viewer feel more real. Avoid artificial or flash lighting whenever possible. Whenever possible, use natural sunlight as much as possible.
In addition to appearing more organic, sunlight can create stunning effects that flash cannot recreate (such as sun flares). Even overcast days can result in stunning photographs. Don’t let gloomy skies discourage you.
Consider Natural Light
There are two critical factors to consider regarding natural light. The golden, gentle, and magical light creates a beautiful atmosphere during the early mornings and late afternoons. At midday, the sun shines brilliantly, creating a great contrast and cooler tones. To achieve a specific effect, you may have to visit the site where you plan to photograph at the right time.
Professional Composition for Instagram Photos
What do you prefer? A center-of-the-frame subject or a subject that looks into the frame.
You can improve your photographs’ composition by following these suggestions.
- You can use a grid overlay if the grid function is enabled on your phone. This is a simple compositional rule that should be followed. Your topic should be placed along one of the lines of a nine-square grid.
- Using leading contours with Visually appealing lines may draw the viewer’s attention to the topic of a photograph. Leading shapes create a sense of intrigue and assist in viewer immersion. A trail or dirt road can be used to create a leading line.
- Negative space refers to the void around a topic. In a photograph, negative space illustrates scale, simplicity, or emotion.
- It is crucial to ensure that a shot is taken head-on rather than from an angle to perfect the symmetry.
Add Visual Interest
There are a lot of exciting things just around you! Do not overlook these opportunities. Look up, glance down, glance behind you. Adjusting the viewpoint and finding unusual angles of familiar objects can help add visual interest to a photograph that might otherwise be monotonous.
Get close to your topic, so you can emphasize how separate the subject is from the background. This adds complexity and intrigue to the photograph.
Easily add filters to your mobile pictures! You can even do it on Instagram, but limited editing tools are available.
The following are also excellent applications for editing pictures:
- Snapseed: The user interface of Snapseed is highly user-friendly and offers a fantastic range of editing tools.
- VSCO: A contemporary photo editing application, VSCO lets you apply and change clean and modern filters. VSCO is popular among Instagram professionals because of its robust community.
- Color Story: The app features brilliant whites and vibrant accents. If the aesthetic of your feed matches, then this might be the right app for you.
Whatever editing software you choose (saturation, light temperature, tint), check exposure, clarity, contrast, and color before making more inventive modifications. Consequently, your feed will have a consistent flow.
You can edit many photographs at once to save time. As a result, it will be much easier to plan.
Guide for Using Photos with Vibrant Colors
- If you photograph vivid colors, consider the white balance. If it is incorrect, your photographs may look unattractive.
- A messy image can be distracting and cluttered. If you do not want this appearance, you should avoid it. Photography thrives on simplicity often. Often, a short composition is more engaging than a long one.
- Make sure your photographs complement each other if you add more colors. You can use complementary colors or make your color combinations. Unusual hue combinations, such as orange and teal, make beautiful photographs. You need to adore them when you see them in a picture.
- The effect of blending some hues isn’t that great. Therefore, you need to divide your subjects. By doing so, you can focus on a particular shade while obscuring others. Your photograph will be aesthetically pleasing but not too dramatic as a result.
- Instead of altering the white balance to influence certain hues, you can remove them in post-production.
- Colors can be illuminated in specific ways to elicit various distinct emotions. Using a single light source, you can create a joyful, mysterious, sorrowful, etc. mood when photographing a colorful subject!
- People often paint their rooms yellow to encourage their creativity. Blue is often a more depressing hue than yellow.
- The use of editing software has simplified the manipulation of colors, but lens filters are still essential.
- Your image editing software may have Saturation, Vibrance, and White Balance options.