We often have to install codes to meet the requirements of our sites. This requires technical knowledge. Google Tag Manager was created to simplify the process.
Any company needs to be able to record the actions of its customers and audiences. The digital environment is an important space that allows for the development of strategies to benefit the business.
But correctly installing these codes can be difficult and time-consuming, especially if your HTML language knowledge is not sufficient. For that, you will need a social media manager, but you should know how much do social media managers cost. So you can plan the processes correctly.
What is Google Tag Manager?
Google Tag Manager and GTM were created to make it easy to implement the tags needed to get the metrics for a strategy.
What is this platform? This platform, according to Google is a tag management system or management system that allows scripts and tracking codes to be easily updated on a website or mobile app.
It allows you to add Google Ads Remarketing codes and Facebook Ads pixels to pages on a website.
Tag Manager Essentials
We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the elements of the Google Tag Manager tool before creating an account.
- Container: This is the space digital in which we want the measurements to be taken. It can be a website or an app. This is where you should install the Google Tag Manager.
- Tags: These are the code snippets that indicate the actions we need.
- Triggers: To allow labels to perform a function, you must define the activators. These activate the tag by detecting certain events (pages or applications) in the container.
- Variables: Variables can be used in both tags and triggers.
- Google Tag Manager is free.
- As we mentioned, it allows independence from areas like IT and Development.
- It can be easily integrated with other Google platforms, such as Analytics or AdWords.
- The most precise data can be retrieved from a variety of actions or events that users can perform on a website or an application.
- You can view changes in advance.
- It provides a lot of autonomy but in some cases, it needs Development support to insert more advanced track codes.
- A migration process is required if the tag manager was not created before the creation of the tags.
How do you set up a Google Tag Manager account?
It is a free tool that gives marketing professionals a lot more autonomy. Therefore, it is highly recommended for optimizing implementation processes.
- First, you have to go to tagmanager.google.com and create an account with a Google email.
- Once the account has been created, the first container needs to be set up. This is where you will find the code to integrate into your website or app on a one-time basis.
- After obtaining the code, you should install it (IT assistance will be needed here).
- Once the code is correctly integrated, you can then add or manage tags!
- You will finally start to record your data.
It doesn’t matter what tool you use, clear objectives are essential so that you don’t hit blind spots. This could lead to a negative impact on a digital strategy and be counterproductive. Google Tag Manager is a tool that facilitates work, optimizes time, and gives autonomy.
However, it requires an in-depth knowledge of all the related platforms. Therefore, it is important to have a minimum amount of digital knowledge in data analysis before you use it.
For more digital marketing-related help and advice contact Digital Specialist today.