Do you want to arrange your terrace or your balcony to make it a cozy and pleasant little corner as the sunny days approach? A true link between the interior and the exterior, the outdoor living room will allow you to take full advantage of this space. Furniture, colors and styles, here are all the best garden furniture trends for 2023 for your patio or balcony lounge.
4 garden furniture ideas for a small zen or cocooning terrace
To make a success of your balcony decoration or sublimate your terrace, play with the materials. So what are the trends? Westwing tells you everything.
1. The fabric terrace lounge trend
Depending on the nature of the fibers that constitute it, the fabric comes in a wide variety of styles. Ultra soft to the touch, cotton is perfect for designing a cocooning atmosphere. Always chic, linen sublimates a modern terrace. If your garden furniture is intended for an uncovered terrace, consider waterproofing the fabric of which it is made. Textilene can also meet your expectations. This synthetic material made of polyester is perfectly weather resistant.
2. The bamboo patio lounge trend
Indispensable in Asian countries, bamboo signs Zen decor and provides a relaxing feeling. Robust and resistant to humidity, it is appreciated for making garden furniture. It is also appreciated by lovers of natural and ecological materials.
3. The XXL pouf trend accompanied by a rattan or wicker coffee table
Another way to design a cocooning terrace: XXL pouffes. In their garden version, they are made of highly waterproof materials. Positioned near a low rattan or wicker balcony table, terracotta-coloured XXL poufs are an invitation to relax and laze around.
4. The bohemian vibe trend with lanterns, jute and hammocks
Want a boho chic vibe? This trend is characterized by beige materials, large garden lanterns, but also candle holders and candles for the warm atmosphere. Complete the set with floor cushions, a hanging chair or a hammock to provide comfort. We love jute, rattan, wicker baskets, linen and cotton textiles and especially macrame wall decorations!
What color for your balcony or terrace lounge?
In exterior decoration as in interior decoration, colors play a crucial role in enhancing the decorative atmosphere of a home.
- Do you want a warm atmosphere for your terrace? Bet on honey-colored outdoor furniture. Chic, elegant and warm, it brings an additional touch of softness to the places it dresses.
- To wake up the wooden terrace of a house with a contemporary look, bet on sapphire blue. Chic and dynamic, this color completes modern and original decorations.
- If you prefer soft and cozy atmospheres, go for pastel pink. A light pink hammock decorated with powder pink outdoor poufs invites you to daydream as much as to take a nap. So many essential ingredients to successfully decorate your balcony-terrace.
Which terrace lounge to choose for a small balcony?
The balcony is often small and narrow. It is then necessary to optimize the space as well as possible. There is balcony furniture dedicated to small spaces with more compact furniture. Go for models on homary.com! In recent years, manufacturers have redesigned their furniture to transform them into ingenious solutions for your exterior.
Folding furniture to optimize space
Ingenious solutions exist to save space in no time on the balcony. The folding table that attaches to the railing allows you to quickly have your breakfast, then put it away to save space while blending into the decor.
We especially love it in wood to bring a little natural side to the whole and goes perfectly with hanging plants. Folding balcony tables and benches are also clever solutions for small balconies.
A small table and two chairs
A classic for furnishing your balcony is of course a set of bistro style table and chairs. Traditionally made of metal or wood, we find this kind of set now in bamboo or plastic.
For a romantic look, we choose it in wrought iron and for a vitaminized look we choose a colored set. It is an excellent base for creating an atmosphere on the balcony, and which is easily personalized.
Mismatched small pieces of furniture
Exit the big garden furniture that takes up too much space on the balcony! For small budgets but also for small spaces, we love the mix of floor cushions, pouffes and outdoor balcony chairs.
What furniture to choose for large spaces?
If you have a large balcony, you can use standard size garden furniture. Again, all styles are possible for your balcony. As for the terrace, you can then delimit the space by creating, for example, a dining area and a lounge or relaxation area. In addition, garden tables and chairs go well with other outdoor furniture.
A wooden garden furniture
Our advice is to choose weatherproof furniture, so choose woods such as acacia, oak, teak or even eucalyptus. Remember to maintain them well over the seasons. In winter, we advise you to cover them. To dust them in the spring, take a suitable oil.
The palette, the undethroned star
Recycling is always on the rise, and as on the terrace, the balcony is also adorned with palettes for a decoration that is both homemade and super stylish. It is an excellent base for creating garden furniture that you will come to personalize with textiles such as cushions, mattresses or even plaids.
Bet on natural materials
Super trendy, natural materials invite themselves on the balcony. We love them because they are environmentally friendly. They can also be very easily personalized. They are thus an excellent base for the boho or even japandi decorative style.
Also think that openwork furniture brings lightness and avoids the clumsy effect of certain imposing furniture. We also love the super trendy bamboo or rattan furniture that brings a touch of freshness and naturalness. Always very fashionable for your interior decoration, they can be brought into the living room in winter.
Keep in mind not to overload your balcony too much to be able to add some personalized decorative elements for a super stylish look.
How to create a relaxation area?
- Among the must-have garden furniture is the sun lounger. If you are looking for the ideal model to furnish a modern terrace or balcony lounge, bet on an aluminum and textilene deckchair. Light, resistant and design, it signs modern exterior decorations.
- To dress up a more classic balcony or terrace lounge, prefer a wooden and fabric chaise longue.
- If your terrace is large enough, let yourself be seduced by the hammock on a wooden stand. Appreciated at siesta time or to listen to birdsong, it gives your outdoors a holiday feel.
- Do you have children? Install foutas on your balcony. Toddlers love to sit there to play or read a book. Add a toy box and garden furniture for children: miniature garden chair, cushions, coffee table. Even decorate your terrace with a teepee!