Are you moving to a new city or state and need to transport your car? Or did you buy a car from another state and need to have it shipped to you?
Whatever your reason for needing car transport, it’s important to understand how car transport quotes work so you can get the best deal for your vehicle.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about car transport quotes, including:
- What a car transport quote is
- How car transport companies calculate quotes
- Factors that affect car transport quotes
- How to get the best deal on a car transport quote
- What to look for in a car transport company
- Tips for preparing your car for transport
Read More: Car Shipping Quote
What is a Car Transport Quote?
A car transport quote is an estimate of how much it will cost to transport your vehicle from one location to another. The quote will include the cost of shipping your car, as well as any additional fees or charges.
Car transport companies use a variety of factors to calculate their quotes, including the distance between the pickup and drop-off locations, the type of vehicle being shipped, and the level of service you require.
Read More: Vehicle Transport Quote
How Car Transport Companies Calculate Quotes
Car transport companies use several factors to calculate their quotes. These include:
- Distance: The farther your car needs to be transported, the more expensive the quote will be. Car transport companies charge by the mile, so the longer the distance, the higher the cost.
- Type of vehicle: The type of vehicle being shipped also affects the cost of the quote. Larger vehicles, such as trucks and SUVs, take up more space on the carrier and may require a larger carrier to transport them, which increases the cost.
- Level of service: Car transport companies offer different levels of service, from open carrier transport to enclosed carrier transport. Enclosed carrier transport is more expensive than open carrier transport because it offers better protection for your vehicle.
- Time of year: The time of year can also affect the cost of a car transport quote. During peak moving season, which is typically between May and September, prices are higher due to increased demand.
Read More: Auto Transport Quote
Factors that Affect Car Transport Quotes
In addition to the factors that car transport companies use to calculate quotes, there are several other factors that can affect the cost of your car transport quote:
- Location: The pickup and drop-off locations can affect the cost of your car transport quote. If you’re shipping your car from a rural area or a hard-to-reach location, it may be more expensive than shipping it from a major city or urban area.
- Timeframe: If you need your car shipped quickly, you may have to pay more for expedited shipping. If you’re flexible with your timeframe, you may be able to get a lower quote.
- Condition of the vehicle: If your vehicle is inoperable or requires special handling, it may be more expensive to transport. Make sure to let the car transport company know about any special requirements your vehicle may have.
- Insurance: Most car transport companies include insurance in their quotes, but the amount of coverage can vary. Make sure to ask about insurance coverage and what it covers.
Read More: Car Transport Quote
How to Get the Best Deal on a Car Transport Quote
Now that you understand how car transport quotes work and what factors affect the cost, here are some tips to help you get the best deal on a car transport quote:
- Shop around: Get quotes from several car transport companies to compare prices and services. Don’t be afraid to negotiate with the company to get a better
Read More: Auto Shipping Quote