Error 3170 refers to a financial exchange error. It occurs when duplicate names are found in QuickBooks Desktop POS and QuickBooks Desktop Desktop. Error code 3000 is a series of errors that can cause several errors in the application. Intuit suggests that there are three ways to fix this error. We will be listing the main reasons for the error and providing quick solutions. Please read the entire article.
If you’re new to QuickBooks Desktop POS or don’t know where to start to fix the issues on your own. Then dial 1-888-704-1357 to get in touch now with one of our certified QuickBooks Desktop experts.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 3170
There are no multiple reasons why error code 3170 is displayed. An error occurred when you tried to modify a customer/vendor list element. In QuickBooks, error code 3170 is only caused by duplicate names in QuickBooks Desktop or POS. We will now discuss the possible solutions to this error.
Here are the steps to fix error 3170 in QuickBooks POS
Read more: QuickBooks Error 6150
Solution 1: Review the Activity Log in QuickBooks DesktopPOS
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, and click on Customer List in the Customer Section.
- Right-click the header of the column to customize it.
- To sort the list, you will need to first select QB Status. Next, select the header QB Status.
- This step will allow you to identify customers whose status shows Error or Not Posting.
- To identify Vendor names on the Vendor’s List, you must follow the same procedure.
Recommended: QuickBooks error 6129
Solution 2: Change the duplicate name entries found
- You can access the Customer Center by clicking Customer Section. If you wish to modify the names in the Vendors section, click Vendors then select Vendor Center.
- Right-click the vendor or customer you wish to edit in the Activity Log.
- Click Edit to add text or numbers at the end.
- To save the changes, click OK. Then run the financial exchange reports again to confirm that the error has been fixed.
Read more: QuickBooks unrecoverable error
Solution 3: Merge Names You Have Changed
- Double-click the name you have edited in the vendor or customer center.
- You can remove any additional text you added to the previous solution.
- Click OK to save your changes. When QuickBooks prompts to merge names, click Yes.
If you still have trouble with the error or need expert assistance, dial 1-888-704-1357 to get immediate help with QuickBooks Error 3170.
Read more: QuickBooks Error PS036