Lahore, the cultural capital of Pakistan, is a city that is rich in history, culture, and food. As a backpacker, there is no better way to explore Lahore than from a Hostel in Lahore. Here’s a guide to help you explore the city from our hostel:
- Start with the Old City: The Old City of Lahore is a maze of narrow streets, ancient buildings, and colorful bazaars. It’s a great place to start your exploration of the city, and it’s just a short walk from our Hostel in Lahore. Visit the Walled City and its famous landmarks, such as Lahore Fort, Badshahi Mosque, and the mausoleum of Emperor Jahangir.
- Food Tour: Lahore is famous for its food, and you can’t leave the city without trying some of the local delicacies. Take a food tour of the city and try out the mouthwatering kebabs, biryanis, and halwa puri breakfasts. Ask the staff at the hostel to recommend some of the best food spots in town.
- Visit the Museums: Lahore has some of the best museums in Pakistan. The Lahore Museum, for example, is home to a vast collection of artifacts, including ancient coins, manuscripts, and art. You can also visit the Mughal Museum, which is dedicated to the Mughal dynasty, or the National Museum of Pakistan.
- Go Shopping: Lahore is a shopper’s paradise, and you can find everything from traditional handicrafts to high-end designer clothes. Visit Anarkali Bazaar or Liberty Market, both within walking distance from our Best Girls Hostel in Lahore, for some great shopping.
- Take a Walk in the Parks: Lahore has some beautiful parks where you can relax and take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city. Visit Shalimar Gardens or Jilani Park for a peaceful walk and some fresh air.
- Attend a Cultural Event: Lahore is a city that celebrates culture, and you can find many cultural events happening around the city throughout the year. Check out the schedule for events like the Lahore Literary Festival or the World Performing Arts Festival.
Lahore is a city that has something for everyone. Use our hostel as a base and explore the city at your own pace. Happy travels!